Jennifer Varsallona
ERS Manager
(702) 369-4357 ext. 1231

Beginning July 2014, all homeless single adults without children must go to Clark County Social Services at 1600 Pinto Lane, Las Vegas, NV 89106 for Coordinated Intake in order to receive a referral for housing services. HELP cannot provide services without this referral.

All others, please visit HELPís Homeless Services department at 1640 East Flamingo Road, Las Vegas NV 89119 Monday - Thursday between 7 am - 5 pm or call 702-369-4357 x1825, for information about available services.


  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
  • Energy Assistance Program
  • Baby First Services
  • Project Reach
  • Energy Share
  • Permanent Supportive
  • Rapid Re-Housing Rental Assistance
  • Housing of People with Aids
  • Ryan White Part A

Emergency Resource Services is the essential link between people needing services and those providing human services in our community. Services offered include case management housing assistance, other supportive services and mainstream programs. ERS is key to HELP's ability to wrap services around clients so that self-sufficiency is obtained. Hundreds of households every year are prevented from becoming homeless through this program.


Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP)

HELP also offers the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) where individuals can complete the interview and application for SNAP benefits (food stamps) with a certified SNAP interviewer. Clients will also receive information and referrals for other services HELP of Southern Nevada offers.

SNAP Flyer

Click here for the SNAP Non-Discrimination Statement.

Energy Assistance Program (EAP)

HELP of Southern Nevada is collaborating with the State of Nevada to help clients apply for the Energy Assistance Program. This is a program that can pay part of the power bill for those that are low income and also are having financial barriers for a variety of reasons. The program can pay for arrearages, reconnections, previous addresses bills and also current. The application is completed and reviewed at our offices then hand-delivered to the DWSS. Once this process is complete the state then does the qualifying for these clients. Currently, this process can take up to 90 days. The following items are needed in order to qualify:

  • Monthly income may not exceed 150% of the federal poverty guidelines.
  • You must provide proof of residence.
  • You must provide copies of IDís and Social Security cards for all members of the household.
  • You must provide power bills in your name.

This is an effort to assist clients. HELP of Southern Nevada plays no other role and has no part in the final decision for assistance. Clients call the phone number provided on the application form.

Baby First Services

Baby First Services offers early pre and post natal care guidance, information and mother-to-mother support for at-risk pregnant women. Services include Baby Find, Smart Shop, Safe Sleep for Your Baby, Becoming A Mom and assistance with diapers, formula, wipes and pre-natal vitamins. Families can receive assistance every 30 days up to baby's 1st birthday. Photo ID and birth certificates of child/children is required in order to receive services.

For more information call 702-369-4357 ext 1824 OR 1810.

Project REACH

Relief through Energy Assistance to Prevent Customer Hardships is a NVEnergy funded program. Applicants must be 62 years or older and experiencing a financial or medical hardship and meet the income guidelines set by NVEnergy.

Energy SHARE

Is a program made available through donations for low-income Southwest Gas customer’s experiencing an unexpected financial hardship. Assistance is provided to qualified Southwest Gas customers with the payment of their gas bill and/or emergency repair or replacement of certain natural gas equipment.

For more information, call 702-369-4357 ext 1823 or ext 1277.

Click here to download Energy SHARE flyer.

Rapid Re-housing (RRH)

is a program designed to transition a homeless individual or family from homelessness to stable housing. RRH provides short to medium term rental assistance so that a household can become self sufficient and maintain housing without assistance. Once income is received clients are responsible for paying a portion of their rent.

A New Start (ANS)

Supportive Housing Program for chronically homeless and disabled families. ANS provides medium to long term housing to households with children in which one of the adults is chronically homeless and has a documented disability. ANS clients receive Intensive Case Management and supportive services to become self sufficient.

Housing of People With Aids (HOPWA)

Tenant Based Rental Assistance for people living with HIV Aids and their families. Eligible participants are assisted with housing and provided intensive case management and supportive services to promote housing stability and reduce the risk homelessness.

Ryan White Part A

Provides core and support services to Ryan White Part A eligible participants living with HIV Aids.

Additional Assistance

The services listed below are provided based on funding and availability.

Food Vouchers that are given to be used at a food bank. These are given from 7:00 a.m.- 10:00 Monday through Thursday (closed Friday) excluding holidays. Clients may receive this assistance 3 times every six months.

The following items are needed in order to qualify: Nevada ID or Clarity Card and Social Security cards for all household members (clients may qualify one time without ID)

Help of Southern Nevada Help of Southern Nevada Help of Southern Nevada
Sign Up for Community Candy Newsletter
1640 East Flamingo / Suite 100 / Las Vegas NV 89119
702-369-4357 M-Th 7am - 5pm CLOSED FRIDAYS

© 2018 HELP of Southern Nevada. All Rights Reserved.


Proudly maintained by Egreen Web Services LLC